Friday, January 23, 2009

Toadly cool techniques...

Ok, bad pun, but it matched the title theme for my layout. For this months supplies I got to work with Fancy Pants Daily Grind and some Core'dinations Chocolate box papers. I had a blast playing with them and of course pulled out my institchz and tried some new techniques! The first one I'm quite proud of. I took a piece of Chocolate Core'dinations paper turned it to the backside and used my circle Institchz temple and piercing tool and punched circles. Then, I turned the paper over and SANDED over the circles, it made the core color show through even more. Then I took some Colorbox chalk ink over it as well, giving it an even more distressed look. So basically I added texture and grunged it up. I love working with the coredinations because of all the possiblities. The second technique is one that Gail shared earlier this month, thickers and glossy accents, except mine has a twist. I used the vinyl thickers, applied chalk ink to show the dimension and then used CRACKLE ACCENTS over the top. It made my letters rise a little but I think it added to the dimension of the layout as well.
This collection is one of my favorites in the store. It's so versitile for girls, boys, and any season. It has journaling cards, die cut shapes and papers to die for, so check it out in the store and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Gin, I LOVE that In Stitchez template idea with the core'dinations. I'll have to give that a try!!! You are soooo creative, thanks for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the circles, Gin!! And, the Thickers look cool, too. You are a "Wonder Woman" with those templates!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin