Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rock, Roll and Remember

Growing up in South Florida, I always had romantic fantasies about winter. It was so pretty, and children playing in the snow always looked so happy in pictures. I thought if I could live somewhere that had winter, life would be as perfect as life can get. Ironically, many years later, my husband would get a job offer in New England that brought this Southerner to the north. And I loved it just as much as I thought I would!

So when another job offer brought us south again, I thought my snow-themed scrapbook layouts were gone forever. But then an emergency trip to New Hampshire came up over the holidays that put us right smack in the middle of a lot of snow! My layout called “Farewell ‘08” was inspired by the incredible January Goodies Kit, featuring the Bo-bunny “Winter Whispers” line. I used the Bo-bunny paper, Cat’s Eye Brown chalk, Chipboard snowflakes covered in Ranger Perfect Pearls, and Kaiser Craft rhinestones. The title was cut using the Wishblade.


I was still totally in love with this kit, so I dug out some more pictures and went to work! “New Year’s Eve 2008” uses two more sheets of patterned Bo-bunny paper, two edges of the diecut paper sheet, and scraps of the double-sided Bo-bunny card stock. I threw in more chipboard snowflakes and letters, some Ranger Perfect Pearls to embellish them, and my journaling! Another layout from the same kit, but one will go in my 2008 Family Album, and the other will be the first page of my 2009 Family Album!



My final layout, “2 Decades of Crue” is special. It’s personal and it’s part of who I am, so even with just one picture, I figured out a way to make it into a two-page layout. Now, while the layout itself is relatively simple and probably has absolutely no meaning to anyone but me, the reason it’s here is because all of us have that something special, with either very few or no pictures at all, that we want to scrapbook… In this case, I was lucky that I had some memorabilia to add (see second photo with close-up of guitar pick), as well as a story that I wanted to document. So if you find yourself in the situation that you want to scrapbook something that’s important but that doesn’t have a lot of photos, this might be something that gets you started!

I used the Kaiser “Grunge” paper set, Bazzill card stock, and some “Rock Star” stickers by Creative Imaginations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin