Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Halstead 2!

Yep, I had a chance to play with this paper set too... remember these beautiful layouts that Jess made?!  Just gorgeous stuff!

Truthfully, the bold graphic and color kind of intimidated me a bit at first.  I don't usually gravitate towards those kinds of papers.  But for some reason, the funky fun of these papers really caught my eye, and I knew I wanted to try them!

When I got my hands on them, I admit... I was stumped... even could say I had hit a creative wall. And I think it was the bold graphics that had done it.  I even had to leave it laying out on my table for a night.. you know, just to warm up to a bit.  Glance at it now and then when I walk in the office.  Playfully throw other embellies to the pile to see what direction I can get a layout heading.  So, after a full day of circling my scrap table, I sat down to create!! 

In amungst those bold graphic prints and hot pink colors were some beautiful papers.  These two were my fav's!


                               


And once I started pulling out some of these hidden gems and discovered some beautiful blue, green and "tealy" colors.  I started to create and there were things flying everywhere! ;)  It was so much fun to use these more subtle papers and take them up a notch with some hits of the bold graphics and bright colors!  

I am seriously impressed with how vesatile this paper set is, and how many different looks you can achieve with it!  And THAT's what I really like about it.  You can create 3 or 4 layouts with it, and you don't really get the "oh, I just used the same papers on 3 layouts" kind of feeling. KWIM?

Yep, after a bit of a rocky start, my relationship with these papers blossomed, and I created these:



Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love what you did with these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked these papers! Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You RAWK girlie!! Fabulous job with those papers!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin