Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Sketch Challenge

Hi All!  I feel the need to tell you that this was the first sketch I have ever created.  I know some people like to sketch out their layouts before they start scrapping them, but I have never been one of those people.  For this sketch, I had done a layout first and took it and made the sketch from it afterwards. 

So, now I'm thinkin' I should really TRY to be like those people who sketch first. Wouldn't it be easier to create a layout if you already had an idea of what you wanted it to look like in the end, rather than just start cutting paper and grabbing elements and like I do all of the time, rearrange and rearrange until I come up with something I like.  *whoa... rambling a bit...* What I'm saying is, I think I might grab a pad of paper, pop it on my scrap desk and do a little doodle before starting my next layout.  I think.... well, I hope that this will save me a ton of time.  I'd like to hear some opinions on "sketching first".  Does it work for you?

Here is the sketch that I created from a layout that I had already made:                                          



Ok, that's a bit of a bummer, the border of the page doesn't show up... hmmm... maybe I'll just give you a link to check it out in the AC Bailey Gallery if you want.

Don't forget, you will receive Summer Camp points for completing this challenge, so after uploading your finished product to the gallery, make sure you link it in the Sketch Thread on the message board!

AND, I will be randomly choosing a winner from all of the completed layouts, and that person will receive a RAK from me!  YAY!

Have fun with it!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin