Monday, July 7, 2008

"In the Mood," anyone???

Hehe...sorry, I couldn't resist using that title!! I got a new cd to play with this month and I...am...lovin' it!! It's the "In the Mood" cd from Digital Scrapbook Memories and it is absolutely loaded with goodies!! It has fun little categories like “Festive,” “Playful,” and “Love.” But don’t get caught up on the titles…just because something is in the “Love” category doesn’t mean that you have to use it for a wedding or Valentine’s day layout! Just to illustrate that point...I grabbed things from a bunch of different folders for this layout!! I used a cool, graph-like paper from the “Love” category and added some fun little elements from the “Playful” and “Festive” folders to accent it. I used some circle stickers (found in “Festive” sticker folder) down the side of the photo and grouped them together to make them one single element and then added a little drop shadow. I grabbed a piece of orange paper and used the cookie cutter tool to make the journaling spot and then added the fun stamp from the Playful category. The light brown paper that I used for the journaling is from the “Love” category and I added lines from the “Festive” folder to finish it off. The font that I used was just a freebie from CK called “Ali.” And finally, the little date stamp is from the “Playful” folder. Quick and fun little summer layout!!


Since my “Summertime” layout had things from a lot of different folders, I thought I’d try making one with just the elements from one folder…sort of like using a kit to make a layout. All of the papers and elements on this layout are from the “Love” folder on the “In the Mood” cd except for the “love” word art sticker that I made using the CK Ali font. The picture originally had my DD making a wish and blowing on a dandelion but I used the clone tool and got rid of that and added the fun swirlies. I liked the whimsical feel that it added to the picture. The hardest part about doing this layout was trying to keep myself from overloading it all of the really fun little hearts that are on the cd!!


And...I also had some seriously gorgeous papers from American Crafts to work with this month so I thought I'd share one of my hybird layouts. The papers are from the Amplified collection, Halstead 1, and pictures just don't do them justice!! I loved Jess' tips about how to use smaller pieces of the papers so that you don't get overwhelmed by the bold patterns. But, I sort of went the opposite direction. I embraced the patterns especially "The Twist" paper...love that!! I used it for my background on the layout. The branch element and little paper flower are digital elements printed from the Digital Scrapbook Memories "Playground" cd. I just handcut them and added a little Stickles for a bit of sparkle. And I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a ribbon like this!! I adore this stuff!! It's called Halstead 3 from American Crafts...gorgeous!



Well, I could go on and on about those AC papers but I'll spare you...I think you probably get the idea...they're gorgeous and I love them. hehe!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope I've tempted you a little and maybe even put you..."In the Mood." (I know...boo!! Bad pun, but really, did you think I could resist that??)



Have a great day!!
~Phoebe








1 comment:

  1. You are just amazing, everything you make is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin