Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Technique Tuesday

Another fabulous morning ladies...Jenn here!!  Well....I thought long and hard about this one. I mean...how many techniques do I really know/do?? I'm kinda a boring gal..doing the same stuff over and over again. But lately...my signature seems to be stitching as I stitch on everything it seems!! And while I know it's nothing fancy...I decided that will be my technique...lazy Jenn style. So here it goes!!

The first thing I do is pick my shape or what I want to stitch. For this project I chose a star...so I just found a chipboard star shape that I had in my stash...and then traced around it. Normally I like to just stitch a straight line...and I REALLY love to stitch circles!!




After tracing I just take my poker (paper piercer) and poke holes through the paper using the line I traced. I don't make them a certain spacing...just eyeball it. (see...that's where the lazy comes out in the lazy Jenn style!!).




Then I begin stitching. I just use a regular needle and regular ol' embroidery thread! (all strands) When I stitch I generally just stitch straight...so that there will be a skip between the stitches (if that makes sense??) Then when I get to the beginning/end then I go backwards and cover the remaining spaces. I make a simple knot on the back to tie it off and voila! All done!!






And just for fun...here is a layout I just recently did...where I stitched to look like a baseball! Can't wait to see you all try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin