Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Indian Summer Anyone?

I don't know what the weather has been like where you live, but we have had a little bit of everything here in Montana this fall!!!  From extreme heat to extreme cold, the leaves didn't stand a chance.  Thank goodness for Basic Grey's Indian Summer Line!!!  These beautiful papers bring back the rich fall colors that we so rudely missed this season!  The colors in these papers are truly amazing!!  From deep browns, reds and rich oranges to subtle and vivid pinks, the colors and patterns shout fall!!  The embellishments in this line are absolutely wonderful too!! For  card, I used the Autumn Memories Tag from the Basic Grey Indian Summer Elements Stickers sheet.  I also used a cute little felt tree from the Indian Summer Woolies package.  The Bazzill cardstock came in a wonderful package of  four pefectly matched colors put together just for the Indian Summer line.  I used the threading water punch to add a cute little textured border and some ribbon from my stash.   The rub-ons used on this card came from the cute little Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing System beginner's kit. The kit contains the machine, embossing folders, cardstock, and envelopes,  and rub-ons to make cards and projects galore.  I just love the fact that
I can create embossed designs on any color and style of cardstock I
choose.  The following two cards were made using this sweet
little machine's swiss dot folder.  I embossed some white
cardstock, which was a breeze, then I cute the embossed
papers down to the desired size.  How easy is that?






In this simple little Thank You card, I used a border sticker and a round sticker from Basic Grey's Indian Summer Elements Sticker sheet.  I matted the circle on a punched scallop circle and added the bird and little leaf circle to complete the ensemble.  A typed greeting, Kaiser Craft Pearls, ribbon, and some thin twine completed the embellishment ensemble.


The final card was made with three punched borders, a Basic Grey Woolies embellishment and a Basic Grey Indian Summer Harvest Moon Rub-on and some ribbon..  Very simple, yet very elegant!



I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by the AC Bailey Blog!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Kristii

3 comments:

  1. oooohhh...you are SO good!! LOVE your cards you creative girl!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!!!! Beautiful job on your first ACB Blog Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kristii...beautiful cards!!! You nailed your assignment this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin