Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Technique Tuesday 10/6/2009

As you all know, I live in New England, I am definitely a Yankee.
I have Yankee ingenuity and Yankee pride, and I am Yankee shrewd.
After all, I hang my clothes out to dry, we heat with wood cut and cleared off our land, and since it is fall -I scrap with stamps made of LEAVES!




Yes, you heard me right- I use leaves, REAL LEAVES, when scrapping, why not? look at our trees (pic 1) the ground is covered with them- may as well put them to good use. Dee found this website "Trish B Design Studio" and it showed how to do "leaf printing" - that Trish Bayley must be a New Englander too (hahaha) and I decided to give it a try- I was not feeling too optimistic when I first started out, but I love how it turned out ad will definitely be doing more of this.

First you gather your supplies, (pic 2) you will need leaves, paper, pigment ink, an acrylic stamp block, and paper towels.
Then you ink the leaves. I place the leaf on top of the ink pad and push down. You could also place your leaf on scrap paper and turn the ink pad over and ink the leaf that way too. Carefully pick up your leaf and place it on your paper where you want the image to be. Quickly place the acrylic block over the leaf and push it flat to gain all the leaf detail on your paper. (pic 3) Do not rock or the image will distort. Carefully remove the block and leaf and TADA!! You have a leaf print image!

Repeat this process to fill your paper as you'd like. Use different leaves and different color inks. (pic 4) They do not even have to be earth-toned.

And, each leaf is different and each SIDE of each leaf is different, so if you are not happy with the image stamped, turn the leaf over and try the other side.
When the paper is dry, you can use it however you want. I cut mine and created this great fall card (pics 5 and 6) and I had pieces leftover.

The pics get cropped when doing the collage thing, so here is a pic of it all by itself too.




Give it try! Post your leaf creations here by noon on Friday- I will draw a name from a hat and send someone a RAK for trying! I am still giving away stuff! That is so much fun too-

Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin