Friday, October 9, 2009

Freaky Friday Challenge 10/9/2009

It's that time again!!
A new Freaky Friday layout challenge!!!
This week is "easy" -
this week's challenge is to use your punches and create the background to a layout.
You can do this in a number of ways - several ideas come to mind.
I am gonna work on something for this after dinner tonight.

Okay- got some questions, so I will try and clarify.
  • You are being asked to use the punches to create a background to your layout.
  • You can use any punch. You can punch stuff and glue it on in some pattern.
  • You can use a punched sheet like a template.
  • You can make an overlay...be creative.
By way of a sample, I made this card (you are to make a layout though).
I used two sided cardstock. I cut it the size of the card, I punched the flower image in a border type pattern and when the card is closed you see the solid underneath show through creating the look. I personally like this card cause I can use it horizontal or vertical. This is plain, but I add a stamp or matted sentiment to it. You can decorate with buttons and stuff. I opened the card to show the back of the cover, so you see the punched spaces clearer.
Get it now??
You could easily punch a design into one sheet and lay it over another for the same effect on a layout- play with your punches a bit and see what you come up with.


1 comment:

  1. OK...a questio...or two!!!....so when do Freaky Friday challenges have to be submitted by...& where are they to be uploaded to?

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin