Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Technique Tuesday 10/20/2009

Basic Grey Shaped Card



Materials from AC Bailey:
Basic Grey Indian Summer Paper Pack
Basic Grey Take Note Journaling Cards with transparencies
Basic Grey Indian Summer Woolies
Bazzill Paper Pack – Indian Summer
Flora Doodles Paper Florettes – For the Guy
Kaiser Craft Bling
Maya Road Chipboard Letters – Noah
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Worn Lipstick
Stickles – Fruit Punch

From my stash:
Ribbon

I started with Basic Grey Take Note Journaling Cards with transparencies for the shape of the card. I folded a piece of 6 x 12 cardstock in half and placed the fold to the left.

I traced the journaling card onto the cardstock.

I cut around the card leaving the fold intact.

Then I cut the brown edge off of the journaling card, so that, when I glue the journaling card to my cardstock base, I will have a nice red edge around my card. I traced the inside of the brown border on a piece of white cardstock to use as the inside of my card.

I cut around the card leaving the fold intact.

Then I cut the brown edge off of the journaling card, so that, when I glue the journaling card to my cardstock base, I will have a nice red edge around my card. I traced the inside of the brown border on a piece of white cardstock to use as the inside of my card.



I glued the Journaling Card and Transparency to the front of the card and I added some Flora Doodles, Woolies, and ribbon embellishments.

I inked The Maya Road Chipboard Alphas with Worn Lipstick and then added Fruit Punch Stickles to create the glittered alphas.



I cut out the white card insert and glued to the inside of the card and added a Flora Doodle. (Note: the Flora Doodles gem is green in color, so I carefully removed the green gem and added a clear gem for color matching purposes.)



I hope you have fun making this little shaped card!!!


Enjoy!
Kristii

1 comment:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin