Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Member Spotlight-Kristi Lockart




1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.
My sweetie and I have been married for 25 years and we live in the Gallatin Valley in beautiful Southwestern Montana. Yellowstone National Park is about an hour and a half away and we love taking road trips to see all the wildlife and beauty in the Park. We have three amazing children. Bethany, our oldest, and Matt have been married for three years. They live in the Seattle area and they have a cute little Yorktese puppy named Lola. Heidi lives close to home and attends Montana State University and is majoring in Nutrition. Benjamin still lives at home, well at least for the next seven months. He is a senior at our local high school, is enlisted in the National Guard, and he loves soccer and skiing. I work in our local high school library and I have been a consultant for AC Bailey since March of this year.
2. How and when did you start scrap booking?
I have always been crafting in one form or another. I started paper crafting with a friend of mine who sold Stampin Up products. I made cards exclusively as I figured that scrapbooking would end up costing me more than I wanted to spend. When my oldest was nearing graduation, I thought it would be fun to make an album of her high school years. I researched online and found so many products and ideas, I was hooked!!!! (BTW, I was right, I do spend way more than I should!!!)
3. How would you describe your scrap booking style?
Eclectic-I lean towards shabby chic, but my style changes according to my mood and the individual pages that I create. Each page takes on a life of its own and I pour my heart and soul into every layout I make. I also have to add that I have really become an everyday moments scrapper. I use my scrapbooking time as a form of therapy. Rather than put my thoughts in writing-I just scrap it!
4. How often do you journal? Is it important to you?
I don't journal as much as I would like to. I don't like my handwriting, but since my mom's passing I have realized how important it is to leave handwritten thoughts behind.
5. Do you have a dedicated scrap space ( room )?
Yes I do and I love it!!! My sweet husband has spent lots of time and effort into making a wonderful place for me to scrap and to invite my friends to join in the fun!!! I am a very lucky woman!!! My scrapspace takes up a great part of our family room, but when the family is dowstairs watching tv, I can work and be close by them!!
What does it look like right now?
 

 
 
I am a very messy scrapper, so it is usually in disarray. I try to clean up between projects because I could never find anything if I didn't!!! We have some painting to do and I have some decorating to do too. I have a dream of finding a wonderful white antique kitchen buffet and hutch to compliment all the white accents in the room....hopefully one day!!
6. What are your "go to " tools or supplies when you scrap?
My Cricut- My Cricut is an invaluable tool in sooooo many ways, from alphas to chipboard embellishments and everything in between!!! I just love that machine!!!
Punches-I love adding a punched border or embellishment to my projects. They can really dress up a page!!!
My Scissors- I love to cut embellishments out of patterned paper and I also love to distress edges with my scissors. I have to have a sharp pair handy at all times!!
7. Where do you start when you get ready to create- sketches, supplies, photos...?
It just depends. I am a "fly by the seat of my pants scrapper". I guess you could say I usually start with a theme and the rest just falls into place.

8. Are you a scrapper or an artist?
A little of both. The creative outlet of scrapbooking is very theraputic for me and I just love working with all mediums associated with scrapping. I also love the thought of leaving treasures in the form of scrapbook pages for my family behind when I am long gone from this earth. They appreciate them now, and I know they will treasure them even more in the future!






 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin