Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Holidays from Kathy!!

Christmas Day is always bittersweet for me. Although the “holiday season” is not officially over, that’s always how I feel. It’s like this era that starts in October has come to an end, and although many people spend Christmas Day entertaining and visiting family, we usually spend the day at home, relaxing, playing with new “toys,” and eating… However, one thing I thought about doing this year that might help with the post-holiday blues is spending time in my scrap room, going through pictures of holidays past.

My first project is of Christmas 1989. It was a bittersweet year, as I said in the journaling, because while there were many wonderful things about that year, there were also some not-so-wonderful things that happened the day after Christmas. Ironically, I thought the subdued colors and elegant embellishments from the Basic Grey “Wassail” line (featured in the December Goodies Kit) were just perfect for reflecting my subconscious feelings about it all as I thought back to that year…
Kathy - Blog Layout

My next project using the same products was making gift card holders for a couple of gift cards I gave. Although these particular gift card holders were made specifically for Christmas, using different paper and embellishments can make them perfect for any holiday, all year round!
Kathy - Gift Card Holders4

To help you make these yourself, I thought I’d give you the basic instructions, because these are so easy and fun to make—especially since you can often use scraps, especially to decorate the front!

--Cut a sheet of paper 4”x9.5”
--Lay your paper in front of you with the side you want on the INSIDE facing up.
--Fold the bottom up 1.25”.
--Fold the top portion down at 3.5”.
Kathy-GiftCardHolder

--Insert one brad or eyelet approximately half an inch from the right and left sides in the center of the 1.25” portion.
Kathy - Gift Card HOlder3

--When you fold down the top portion, approximately .25” will fit into the folded portion held together with brads or eyelets.
--Decorate the front cover in any variety of ways.
--Gift card will fit on its side in the flap created by the 1.25” fold.
Kathy-Gift Card Holder2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin