Sunday, December 7, 2008

Diving into Digi & Hybrid...nice and easy ;)

I know that digital scrapbooking can seem a bit overwhelming. So many technical terms and funny sounding things...clipping masks, opacity levels, blending modes...yikes, right??? But it doesn't have to be. And you don't have to know everything to get started. Keep things simple initially so that you don't get too bogged down in all the technical stuff. For this layout, I didn't use any of that fancy-schmancy stuff. Just my picture, lots of staples, and a couple other elements like strung flowers and some ric rac. For my shadows, I did a slightly advanced technique to make it look like my photo is raised a little but you can skip that part and just add a regular drop shadow. Using something like the staples in large quantities helps add a little interest without making the page too busy. Simple little layout but I really like the way it turned out.









And for some reason, hybrid can seem even scarier than digital scrapping! But when you start looking at your digital supplies as traditional supplies, it gets a little easier. For instance, on the "Peaches" cd, there are some really cute journaling spots and "stickers." I just knew that if those items had been right in from of me, I would've grabbed one of those journaling cards for my layout. So I just printed some...tada!! :) And I hate to waste paper when I'm printing hybrid supplies so I filled my page up and had some extras for later. Here's what my page looked like that I printed:

One little side note...I did adjust the colors a bit before I printed them. On the CD, they were mainly red and pinkish and I needed more greens and oranges. Anyway, once I cut my items out, then I was able to play with them just like all of my other traditional paper supplies. I cut the peach out of one of the journaling spots, added some stickles, and used Glue Dots to add a little dimension. Here's how the layout turned out:
See the journaling card with the extra peach on the top? I just cut the card in half and used it on either side of the photos. And the mat that I used to mat the center photo on is one of the journaling cards as well. I just added some little circles with a white pen and some dots of orange stickles...simple and fun!
I hope you were able to find a little inspiration and hopefully hybrid and digi doesn't seem so scary and overwhelming now. Hope you give it a try!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
~Phoebe

1 comment:

  1. I love those journaling spots!! great projects, Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin