Friday, April 3, 2009

A Tale using Snips and Snails


The "Snip & Snails" paper line from 3 Bugs was just adorable and fun to work with. I used it when creating samples for the sketches this month too! As scrappers and women I think we tend to go for the more feminine line, but this line is a must have for anyone who has little boys in her life. The colors, muted blues, lime green, and yellow, along with a soft cocoa brown go so nicely together with Kraft paper, which is one of my favorites for a background! This layout is of my grandson Aidan with the first fist he ever caught. I inked the edges of the craft paper with ColorBox Chalk Ink - I love this stuff because it dries in a flash. After layering the patterned papers and double matting the photo with Bazzill cardstock, I painted a BoBunny chipboard buckle with Ranger Distress Paint and took some thin bracelet hemp and wound it though and knotted it in spots to look like rope. My favorite "go to" for titles is Thickers and these felt ones were perfect in color and added some nice texture. I added a few Sassafrass Lass Buttons and journaled in a square around my layout.

With the weekend approaching, wishing you some time to scrap!
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Way cute LO Dee!!! I think those are my all time fav thickers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin