Monday, April 27, 2009

Summertime Blues?!

I'm not really "blue" and it's not quite summer, but I kind of got a slight case of "summertime blues" the other day when I took my first, sweet, delicious taste of watermelon this year! The moment it hit my tongue I realized I was beyond ready for summer to be here, and it saddened me (a tiny bit) that it's not! However, I reminded myself that one of my two favorite things to do is spend time by the pool, and if I do that, I can't scrap (my other favorite thing to do), so I should be enjoying the weeks until the pool opens! And I enjoyed the heck out of creating my two projects for this month!Both of them use the same set of pictures and the same paper line (Basic Grey's "Marrakech"), but they are totally different. What made them so much fun for me is that I live in a house with three males and since my family is the subject of most of my scrapbooking, I don't get to do a lot of "girlie" stuff. These pictures are all girl, though, and were taken by the husband of one of my best friends for their daughter's 9th Birthday party! The theme was based on the television show "America's Next Top Model," and we did a pretty realistic photo shoot for them.


This two-page layout simply called "America's Next Top Models" features the girls individually and together, using the "Marrakech" paper set, American Crafts "Dolce" Thickers in Apricot, Bazzill card stock, Kaiser Craft rhinestones, miscellaneous velvet ric-rac and Doodlebug alphabet rub-ons.

The next project is a mini-album using Basic Grey's "Capital" chocolate chipboard album, the Marrakech paper set, Bazzill card stock, Cat's Eye chalk, and a plethora of scraps I had laying around my scrap room! The first picture is the album closed, showing only the front cover:


The second picture shows the inside cover and the opposite page. I folded a piece of Bazzill card stock to do double-duty as both a photo mat and a pocket for tag that has the journaling. I also used card stock scraps and journaled on the computer to make the title, "The Making of A... Supermodel."

The next picture is of pages 4-5 and was also created using mostly scraps! A few rhinestones, some leftover ric-rac, small pieces of card stock, and some sticker letters created "Swimsuit Edition."


Pages 6 and 7, entitled "Catwalk," were created using pieces of chipboard and rub-ons that were actually mostly destroyed... however, by using an American Crafts black Slick Writer, I traced over them and thereby covered the parts that had been ruined!


Pages 8 and 9:


Pages 10 and 11:

Pages 12 and 13:


Pages 14 and 15 have another double-duty photo mat housing a tag with journaling:

See you next month!

1 comment:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin