Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Member Spotlight - Lisa Harris

1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family. I've been married to the same great guy for almost 20 years. In fact, we will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in June on a cruise ship. I am so excited! First vacation without kids since - ever! I am mom to Ethan, 17, who is a graduating senior this year. He will attend college in the fall majoring in accounting. Also mom to Adam, 14, who will be entering high school next year. Being the only girl in a house full of men definitely influences my scrapbooking. I don't get many opportunities to use pink, frills, and bows. 2. How and when did you start scrap booking? I think it was around 9 years ago. Before I started, I swore I'd never get into it, because I could see me getting hooked and spending tons of money on paper. Which I thought was stupid. That was then - this is now! 3. How would you describe your scrap booking style? My style is definitely very clean and classic. Very linear. I'm probably the only scrapper I know who actually measures everything. I even have a grid ruler that measures down to the nearest quarter-inch.

4. How often do you journal? Is it important to you? I'll admit that journaling is definitely not my strong point. The funny thing is, it truly IS important to me! I believe very deeply in capturing the story behind the photos. Just seems that I almost always procrastinate that step in the creative process. 5. Do you have a dedicated scrap space ( room )? YES! I am so blessed to have my own little nook! What does it look like right now? In a word? MESSY! My room does triple duty - it's my home office, my crop store, and my creative space. That means there is a lot of "stuff" in there. My goal is to get it uber-organized this summer.

6. What are your "go to " tools or supplies when you scrap? I love to use inks, whether for distressing or for stamping. My Crop-a-dile is always within arm's reach, along with my Glue Glider Pro, and, lately, my Threading Water punch. All great tools. 7. Where do you start when you get ready to create- sketches, supplies, photos...? I am such a fan of sketches! I just can't get enough of them. Using sketches allows me to get the heavy stuff out of the way - the layout of the page - and focus on the fun stuff - the techniques. 8. Are you a scrapper or an artist? There are some amazing artists in this industry, some of whom call AC Bailey home. I am constantly in awe of the beautiful work I see, and while I do strive to improve mine, I happily categorize myself as a scrapper.
by: C. Mercer


1 comment:

  1. So nice to "meet" you, Lisa...I'm a very linear scrapper, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin