Sunday, May 3, 2009

A bit of October in May

It's been an exciting few weeks over at ACBailey - we're about halfway through our Scrapping Stimulus, with lots of fun challenges up and several more to go, and today in honor of National Scrapbooking Day we had a blog hop.
Actually, we love to keep things fresh and new so stop in often. Although I got to work with October Afternoon this month, the fresh and vibrant colors reminded me more of Spring than October......and I had a great time doing this layout of Delaney when she was playing in the pool last summer. The cool blues along with the lime green and black really evoke a cool feeling and it was fun layering the papers. I used Powder Puff Ink to color some white glitter Thickers. I love the way you can ink Thickers to make them match your layout perfectly!! A layout would not be finished without some Primas.
Loving these cool colors, my next layout used a muted aqua Bazzill for the
background and again these papers were just perfect for some of last summer's photos of the kids in the pool. I used a half piece of Making Memories paper that was in with
my scraps and it worked of perfectly to
put my journaling on. Sincle circles are so much fun, I cut a circle and on top of it put a Maya Road Turn...believe it or not the word Summer is from a copany that went out of business a few years ago...can you say, "Stash"? I had a bunch of paper left over so I made a Maya Road mini album to give as a gift. It was really simple to do, especially using the Cheetah to adhere the paper. In between the pages, I used Hambly transparencies. I used my old standby Distress Crackle Paint to color the chipboard embellishments and tied assorted ribbons on the rings. Love that Maya Road Sheer Vinyl Printed Ribbon. Looking forward to the new October Afternoon papers and diecuts which should be in the store soon!
Until next time - Happy Scrapping and come on over and visit us on the forum!!

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin