Saturday, May 23, 2009

During this lovely Memorial Day Weekend, I've been thinking a little about my ancestors, both military and non-military, and how I somehow manage to immerse myself so deeply in the present that I often don't even think about scrapbooking the past... however, the May Goodies Kit inspired me to create this layout about the wedding of my father's parents in 1928.

I used the May Goodies Kit only, and found myself intrigued by the layout--not because I'm so brilliant, but because the colors and designs seemed to actually help depict the story in a way that my grandmother's voice never did. I can almost feel the essence--how serious they all were despite the happy occasion--and I love how the muted but brilliant colors make everything seem to real, even though it was over 80 years ago!



So never forget your heritage--especially in your scrapbooking! I feel kind of guilty about it, but this was the perfect inspiration to get me going!

See you next month!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin