Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Daydream-ing

I am a huge October Afternoon so I was rather excited to play with their "Daydream" collection this month. It's an older collection but one I didn't yet have. The set includes beautiful florals and stripes, polka dots and other fun prints, as well as the die-cuts, journaling cards and rubber charms that we've come to love from October Afternoon.

For this simple 4 x 5 1/2 card (using a sketch posted on October Afternoon's blog) I simply cut a piece of Daydream paper slightly smaller than the card size, rounded two of the corners, inked and distressed the edges and then added another coordinating strip about 1/2 inch wide and added the lace trim. I then chose one of the die cut shapes, doodled around the edge, inked the edges, added a sentiment and a rubber charm and it was done. Nice and quick and easy.


This next project is a layout created from some pictures from our recent Disneyland trip. We had some down time at the hotel before heading over to the park and I caught my husband and oldest daughter doing a little daddy-daughter bonding listening to Disney Princess songs on the iPod.

For this simple page I laid out my pictures on the patterned paper, used the Fiskars scalloped border punch on a long striped piece and a shorter polka dot one and did some doodling to make the papers stand out better. I added some staples, a couple journal spots and my title and it was done! The letters are Chit Chat and Poolside Thickers, also available at the AC Bailey store. See the link on the right side of this page. The "Good Times" that I used to dot the "I" is a rubber charm from the Daydream collection.

Thanks for stopping by the AC Bailey blog today.

Happy Scrapping!
:) Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin