Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lime Rickey!!

I love Basic Grey and I am so excited with all the new lines they are coming out with.
I absolutely cannot wait to see the newest "Lemonade" (coming soon).

I had to be the first to get my hands on Porcelain as it was so "me" soft, muted, girly colors...BUT then, I really like the bold and bright colors of the new Lime Rickey collection. And, I wanted to play with that too- although the bright bold "circus-like" colors and patterns are not my style at all I wanted to have fun scrapping this summer and I think the papers in this collection ooze "fun." As expected, I ended up being a bit intimidated when my package arrived and as I feared, I developed a type of "scrapper's block" every time I went to use it. No matter how I laid out my pics and sorted these papers and embellishments it SCREAMED chaos to me as every sheet had bold prints and bright colors that popped off the pages and made my pics get lost in the process.

Imagine my surprise when I attended CKC this past weekend and one of crop/class layouts was made with Lime Rickey! As the instructor walked us through the first layout (left page here) I had a BALL and something she said clicked for me- She said, "whenever I use bold printed papers I imagine them SMALL, little bits and pieces are easier to work with than the entire LOUD sheet.

And,...we stretch our supplies this way! Thank You Shelby and the gals from Embellish It!

So, as soon as I returned home I sat back down and pulled out the supplies again and in one evening I am proud to report I created TWO of the cutest layouts! Both of these are simple to make, using only the most basic tools, pp, Bazzill, the sticker sheets from the line, popdots, my Signo pen (I love that thing) and some leftover Thickers. I got to cut, laugh and giggle and I DOODLED for extra fun, cause Lime Rickey is all about fun and that was PERFECT for these pages.


In the first layout, Mike, Erica and Hunter are wearing these silly glasses I got for CHEAP at the dollar store. I was handing them out to "Trick Or Treaters" and Hunter was so excited to wear them and have others wear them too! The second layout is of Hunter making a puzzle of the Solar System. He was so busy concentrating he said, "Grammy-you can't talk to me now, wait until after to get my picture!" HAHAHA:) I really like the way these turned out and you will too, get some Lime Rickey from the AC Bailey store today. It keeps selling out (wonder why?) and Erica keeps restocking, so watch for it!
Happy Scrapping, Gail

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin