Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25th

A few weeks ago, I sat down and started to update my calendar, and I was really flabbergasted. I only have one page left in my calendar—next month will be December, which means 2008 is almost over! I can’t believe it, but it’s here and you know what my second thought was (the first had to do with holiday shopping)? That I didn’t meet my self-imposed scrapbooking goal for 2008!

One thing that cheered me up, though, was talking to and seeing the work of some of the other Design Team girls here at ACB! They’ve got so many wonderful ideas, and AC Bailey carries such incredible products, that I actually made some gifts and got a ton of layouts done in November alone!

My first project was a Fall layout using “Three Bugs In A Rug” papers that came in our November Kit of the Month. I used pictures of my son’s Cub Scout trip to a pumpkin farm and corn maze. I loved having the end of the title, “Pumpkin Patch,” being a part of the paper. It was also so versatile I accented it with Bazzill card stock, American Crafts foam “Thickers”, and some buttons.



My next project is called “Uncle Shucks,” and it’s a fun little twist on one of our November sketches. I actually used pictures from the same trip to the pumpkin patch/corn maze for my younger son’s album! Honestly, the moment I saw the Crate Paper "Lemongrass" paper and embellishments, I knew exactly what I was going to do with them. It was a completely different feel for the same basic set of pictures using the Crate Paper papers, brads and Glitter Border Strips. I threw in some Bazzill card stock, chipboard circles and ink, and voila! Two totally different layouts from the same trip, for two totally different kids!



Finally, I did a second layout using the Lemongass products. This layout is called “16 Weeks” and is a weekly pictorial of our house as it was being built. Although we moved back in February, I hadn’t found a way to depict the journey in a layout until I saw our fabulous November Sketch of the Month by April Ordonez. Combined with the rest of my Lemongrass products, I came up with this:



So check out the projects here, in our newsletter and in our gallery, and if you can find ways to incorporate them into your holiday gift list, you’ll be that much more ahead of the game. If not, at the very least you’ll get some inspiration for your projects!

Happy Thanksgiving!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin