Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Melody Lane is singing my song...

I LOVE this line from Scenic Route! From the minute I opened the package I knew this paper was special and I could do special things with it. Check out these layouts!

The first is a layout using goodies from the Melody Scenic Route line besides the paper, like stickers and chipboard. I started with A Bazzill dotted swiss background (one of my new favorites) and added LOTS of flowers, acrylic flowers, Bazzill flowers, Petaloo foam and paper flowers as well as bulk buttons (I love that they are sold in the store like that) and a Fancy Pants transparency. Then I distressed and inked everything up! I decorated the acrylic flowers with Ranger Dimensional Pearls too so the edges are accented -love the look that gave us!


Then I created the second layout. The sayings on the Little Princess stickers and Baby cakes chipboard are precious and I new when I read the sticker that said "She thinks she can fly and I believe her" I had to scrap this pic I had of Meagan sitting in a cockpit of a plane from last summer's trip to Osh K'Osh Wisconsin. Since the colors were wrong, I converted it to black and white and that started me on the road to altering EVERYTHING! I cut the matching flowers off the Kraft Cardstock Pink Garland and I altered them with Dimensional pearls in red, a Uniball pen doodling and some stickles. I gave them green velvet centers by using the CI brads and I altered the sticker title to make it stand out more by mounting in on a metal rimmed tag and attaching scrap lace from my stash on the back. I placed the flowers and tag onto my layout by using pop dots for occasional dimension. I latered the patterned paper I added by using BOTH sides of the two-sided sheet on the edges and I stitched on it with faux stitching and pink "thread" - then I cut the butterflies loose from the Bazzill just the edge butterfly border (I love these) and altered them! I created my own embelishments by first distressing them with cat's eye chalks and Powdre puff inks and let that dry, then I added stickles to all of them to make them sparkle and shine and when that was dry I coated them in Ranger glossy accents and as it dried the butterflies curled like in flight! I attached them in a flying "string" and tossed in a few unaltered ones for added effect and they look AWESOME! You all have GOT to try this easy way of creating custom embellishments...you too will love it and create one of a kind layouts. And, EVERYTHING I used is available in the AC Bailey online store RIGHT NOW!!! Enjoy,...and happy scrapping!
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin