Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Technique!!


Hi there!!  Jenn here!!  :)  Have you ever been at a crop and in desperate need of a scallop??  But nothing with you...no scallop chipboard piece to trace or a Bazzill edge or a Scallop punch??  And the layout you are working on just cannot go on until it has that perfect scallop?  Are you hyperventilating just reading this?? I KNOW you have been there!!  :)

Well look through your little tool caddy...surely you will find a simple corner rounder.  Do you see it??  Kinda near the bottom?  Ahhh yes...there it is!!  :)  (I haven't tried but I'm going to...but I think you could even make this work with a whale corner punch)which would be SUPER cool because you could really make some neat borders!!)

So I use the EK corner punch...just have to take the guard off.


Next I take my strip of paper and start near the top. I punch my first corner.  Then I line the punch up (I flip it over so I can see it) and line the one corner up to the edge of the punched corner.  Don't overlap the corners and don't let the empty space of the punched edge show in  your punch.  I know it sounds bizarre...adn hard to explain...but try it a couple times.  It's definately takes a couple of punches before you get the groove of it.  Which is why I always start with a longer strip than I need!!  :)


After your border is punched you can use a simple hole punch to make that threading water punch look that everyone loves!!


And VOILA!  Your completed border!!  :)  I hope you give it a whirl...lemme know how you did!!  :)  And I'll try to update and see if it works with the whale punch!!


1 comment:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin