Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November Kit of the Month

December you say?  What?  Really?  Okay..well I know it's December...but I wanted to share with you all some of the creations I made using he November kit of the month.  Hopefully you haven't used yours all up yet and can find some inspiration! 

I have to admit...when I received my kit I was a little hesitant to cut up the papers!!  And unless you see these guys in person you won't understand.  *sigh*  The papers are totally dreaming...with a little flocking and a little foiling...they are gorgeous!!  But I did manage to slice them up a bit although it did bring a small tear to my eye.  OH and did I mention that the kit came with a super fun sketch?  I didn't?  Well...it did!!  And this first layout is based on that fun sketch.  This is my daddy....when he was about 2...was he not the cutest little guy? 

everything from the kit except the ribbon (from my stash) and the thickers....puffy chestnut.  (my absolute favorite ones ever!!)

And then I thought these papers would be perfect for the layout I wanted to create about Mathew planting the tree he brought home from school one day!!  And wouldn't you know it...after I've been done with the layout I wondered...isn't that what the day is called?  Arbor Day??  When people plant trees??  Well I hope so because my title is SO THERE!!  :)  I made a little pocket behind the photos to tuck the How to Plant a Tree instructions.  And that's my little brother helping Mathew.  :)


Again...used those puffy chestnut thickers. Yummy!!  The Tim Holtz tag was from my stash as were the brads and the ribbon.

I loved the rubons that came with this kit...they were so versatile!!  And I've always wanted to try the whole rubon on something besides paper thing.  So I did!!  I had an extra frosted glass Glade candle...so figured I would give it a whirl.  And it even matches my bedding in my bedroom!!  Super huh??


Oh and the fun didn't stop there..oh no sir-ee.  :)  I thought the papers would be perfect to make up some cards too!!  I had fun just piecing together some of my scraps from the layouts!!  They are super simple..but I love them!  I really loved the phrase of one of the rubons...it says...a friend is a gift we give ourselves.  Isn't that sweet??


Well hope you found a bit of inspiration...and hope you have a stellar Wednesday!!  -Jenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin