Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Member Spotlight December / Deidre Donat


1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family.  I am divorced but have been in a wonderful relationship for 10 years. I have three daughters and seven grandchildren who definitely keep me hoppin’ and keep me in pictures and stories to tell. I used to have a Nail Salon, but decided that I could not breathe the acrylic so I went to college as an adult, got a few degrees and became a counselor. Listening to people tell me their stories was a major part for choosing that career. My “day job” is counseling college students at  Adelphi university and teaching classes in counseling and human behavior. I live on Long Island which is a beautiful place – known for it’s coastal beaches (which I love) – and high taxes and lots of traffic (which I hate)!

2. How and when did you start scrap booking? I have always had a love of paper – new books, stationery, cards…and I was mesmerized in the scrapbook aisles of Michael’s but I never did anything about it until my middle daughter put together a Susan Branch scrapbook kit  when she got engaged…so that started me off….and you know where that led!  It  was about 9 years ago.

3. How would you describe your scrap booking style? I am still learning big time – I don’t really think I have hit upon a style yet…I tend toward more linear stuff and like little groupings of elements  that I call “funsies” – a piece of trim, buttons, flowers.

 
4. How often do you journal ? Is it important to you? I journal on every LO, and I am a big fan  of journaling around the photo . I have a hard time deciding where to include the journaling in the design.
5. Do you have a dedicated scrap space ( room )? I do now, but it is a tiny room and not “formally” a scrap room – I would love cabinets and a counter top so I could organize and have lot of room to spread out – I am a messy scrapper. Oh, and LIGHT.., I would love some good light!
6. What are your "go to " tools or supplies when you scrap? That’s any easy one – my ATG. I don’t think I could scrap without it – and I love chipboard and flowers, buttons and Thickers – I definitely am a lumpy scrapper for the most part.
7. Where do you start when you get ready to create- sketches, supplies, photos...? I would say it’s always the paper – as an addict, I need every new line that comes out…which often causes a struggle because I really don’t have the photos.
8. Are you a scrapper or an artist? I have always been “artsy” – I think I inherited that from my mother…and I am a Pisces and they are very artistic…so I would say artist.


by: C. Mercer

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin