Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to Day 4 and project #4-
If you are anything like me you always "think" you are done your shopping and then find a few more people you ought to give a little something to,...well, then-this project is for you!
These are fast and fun to make.

I call it Snowman Soup Cards!

You will need to gather your supplies.

For each card you will need an 8.5x11 colored piece of card stock
A piece of white card stock
A printed verse (I also used white cardstock for this)
scissors
Winter stamps and inks
pop dots
corner rounder
sticky adhesive to seal mug
ribbon
a package of cocoa
a candy cane

Verse:
Was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Just add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!

I usually make these in batches so I stamp and color several images (snowman here)

I also print out a whole sheet of verses and cut apart, rounding corners
To make this card you trace the template image (or draw freehand as I did here) the mug and outline for tag mat.

Trace onto your colored card stock and cut- note that the center dashed line is a FOLD line.
Place sticky adhesive around the edges of the "non-handle" mug front and fold on fold line matching edges to create mug card.

Using opaque white ink stamp an image onto the mug, I used a snowflake here.
Remember to stamp the front AND the back.

Cut out the verse and adhered to coordinating color tag mat.

punch a hole in the right edge to attach to card/mug "handle"
Cut out a stamped image (snowman) and adhere to mug front with pop dots.
place a cocoa and candy cane inside, tie on tag with matching ribbon.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I just made snowman soup for 18 cheerleaders, your card is waaaaayyyy cuter than my plastic bag! Nice job Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowman soup! I could give these to the faculty and not break the bank!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin