Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Technique Tuesday 11/19

Ranger Misters and Perfect Pearls
Everyone who knows me, knows that I love flowers, on layouts as well as on cards. With the holiday season approaching, I like to add a bit of a festive glow to my flowers without the fuss and muss of glitter. How is that accomplished?? Easy peasy - grab your Ranger Mini Mister, fill with water and add some Perfect Pearls to your water and shake well. You will have instant glitz for masking and to jazz up your flowers. I sprayed a beige Prima Sprite and viola! Subtle sparkle without the glittery mess! Now, another little trick I learned from Wendy Vecci at CHA - you can make lovely watercolor designs on your embellishments by taking an ink pad and rubbing it onto your non-stick Craft Mat and then spraying the ink with your pearlized water - then gently lay your embellishment onto the beaded ink and you will have 2 colors and some glitz. You can also put some ink into your pearlized water - re-inkers work really well - alcohol inks are fabulous, but in a pinch you can always get a Q-Tip really inked and stick it in the water and you will still get decent color. I really put alot of color into the mister to make this plum color - with deep colors you can use the tinted mister water to make a mask.
Have fun with this!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin