Wednesday, November 18, 2009

alittle Indian Summer


Fall on Long Island was very strange this year....we had a week of really cold weather and then it got warm again - much like an Indian Summer. I think though, that some of  the beautiful fall colors that we normally get were diminshed because of the weather. We had a few nor'easters too, which blew the leaves off the trees before they even had a chance to turn - and even now, we have trees that are completely bare, some that are just turning and even some that are green! This was one of the toughest falls to get some good photos.
The usual pretty trees on campus were stubborn and would not turn color and the time I needed to get my LOs done. I got really lucky with Fall[en] Angel. One of the sororities was having a Halloween event and as I was walking around campus I saw this "angel" sitting in front of the library. This Basic Grey Indian Summer was fun to work with....the beautiful burgundies and subtle leaf shadings were prefect for this LO - I also used the transparency that came with the Take Notes to give my photo a bit of an accent. The cork letters were from may stash .


When I first started scrapbooking color blocking was a techniques that was very popular. Since the majority of my fall photos were not wonderful, being able to use bits and pieces and showcase one really good photo was easy using that technique. Using Bazzill for the background, I used small pieces of the Indian Summer patterned paper and some die cuts. I love having the coordinating die cuts because they just finish off the LO so nicely and whatever you have left can be used on cards and tags..... wishing you a colorful Fall and a Happy Thanksgiving - remember to scrap those moments!
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin