Sunday, July 26, 2009

Member Spotlight-Rhonda Ulichny


1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family. I live right here in Downeast Maine, born and raised here. My husband, Mike and I have been together almost 15 years and married almost 11 years. We have two wonderful children, Ryan who is five and will be headed to Kindergarten in the fall, and Mercedes who will be four in October and will be starting preschool in the fall. I was lucky enough to lose my job when Ryan was born so I have been able to be a "stay at home mom". I have loved it and hope I can continue even after they are in school full time
2. How and when did you start scrap booking? About 13 years ago I was introduced to scrap booking through a local Creative Memories consultant. I fell in love instantly! I had parties, can't tell you how many of those scissors I have kicking around the house! The last 2 1/2 years have been an eye awakening experience for me in the scrap book world. We live in kind of a rural area where there is not much to choose from for supplies, I have learned so much from scrapbook forums and mostly AC Bailey!
3. How would you describe your scrap booking style? This is hard because I really think I am a minimalist when it comes to my layouts, I don't love a lot of "stuff" on it. But sometimes I come up with a layout with so much stuff on it and LOVE it! I am not quite a flat scrapper but pretty close. Definitely not a digital scrapper, I am pretty technically challenged.
4. How often do you journal? Is it important to you? Lately I try to journal as soon as I finish the layout, however, I have stacks of layouts that I never journal and now I can't remember a thing about the layout! It is very important to me to journal, especially now that I have kids. I really want them to know about what we did, even if it wasn't a birthday or some sort of celebration. I also love to use words from songs when I really can't think of something to say about the picture or pictures, sometimes the words to the song says it all!


5. Do you have a dedicated scrap space ( room )? Yeah, sure. Two weeks before we found out we were accidentally pregnant with Mercedes my husband built me shelves and bought me a table and desk and set my spare room up as a scrap space, it was beautiful, for a short amount of time. I now have a 4' X 4' closet that I share with hundreds of DVDs and music Cd's and board games. All the stuff gets dragged out and I scrap standing up at an island in my kitchen. You would think as messy as I get with it the husband would finish our entry way, where my new scrap area will be just so we can see the counter top again!
What does it look like right now? My closet is such a mess. I find my basics that I use, but I really need to clean it up and purge, so I can see what I really have.
6. What are your "go to " tools or supplies when you scrap? Trimmer, scissors, adhesive, cardstock, patterned paper, ink and my cricut for my titles. You can make a simple beautiful layout with just that stuff. Of course lately I have been doing my journaling on the computer because I am addicted to journal strips.
7. Where do you start when you get ready to create- sketches, supplies, photos...? Nine times out of ten I start with a sketch. I just love sketches. Sometimes I like to copy it exactly, other times I just love to see how different I can make it while keeping the basic sketch intact.



8. Are you a scrapper or an artist? I wouldn't call myself an artist, though I wouldn't mind it. Scrapping for me is like therapy, it is a hobby, and in the end I have created something very meaningful for someone someday.
by:C. Mercer



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin