Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bo Bunny Calypso Collection is Here!

Check this out~this paper is amazing. I so love this line-
Think this is the most versatile paper line I have ever worked with. Lots of thought went into creating this, and it shows. This paper set can be summery, or not, for layouts of back yard fun, or not, vacation-ish or not too. It can be boyish or girlie. It can be and do anything you want it to! It IS definately lots of FUN.
For example, the Bo Bunny Hope sheet has brown notebook like paper on one side accented with a few large pattern flowers. It can be showcased as boy like or girl like. The opposite side has a very pretty floral pattern, but - if flowers are not your think, the graphics are bright and bold and done in primary colors so, in smaller pieces, it is not a "floral print" at all! There is also a sheet that are "cut outs"-you know, things like tags, floral brackets, journal boxes and other cool things to use on your pages. The other side has 4 neat 6x6 squares of interesting art and make the mind whirl with the thoughts of all the great possibilites this sheet offers-fun, fun, fun! So incredibly designed, this line can be adapted to suit any and all of your scrap needs! One word of caution here- strongly consider getting TWO paper packs as you may end up, like me, loving (and wanting to use) BOTH sides of the same sheet! I really hate it when that happens-hehehe:)

Calypso also comes with great optional accessories- fun things like:
ribbon- double dot (which means the design is on BOTH sides of the ribbon so you can be bad at tying bows and they still look nice, or you can use it on ACRYLIC sheets and it shows the "good side" on BOTH sides.
buttons and bling-A neat pack with a wide assortment of rhinestones, funky rhinestone shapes and buttons of many sizes & colors, even CLEAR ones -35 pieces in all
fabric flowers -20 blooms in one pack- enough to do any project (or two or three) with some left over. Again, they come in a great assortment of colors and styles and sizes- Bo Bunny was thinking when they did this Calypso Collection!
rub ons-the ones I used were called Imagine and they were really nice, glided on all surfaces like "butta" and I used them ALL they are addicting...
stickers-a whole sheet! I used lots of these, but have lots left for my other Calypso projects.
A little something for everyone here folks and I got to play with it all!


So, what did I DO with this paper?
I altered an acrylic album!

I used a 7 Gypsies Junque album from the ACBailey store. I love the nice heavy weight to this album and the thickness of the pages. What I did not like about this album was that there were not ENOUGH pages, I was having so much fun with the Calypso products that I used the clear craft plastic we were talking about on the forum a week or so ago and a crop - a-dile to make myself a few extra pages. It was very easy-and I love the look of the thick and thin.
Here are a few more peeks:


This project is available as a class kit (for consultants) or kitted for an individual album (just for you). If you buy the album kit, you will have plenty of stuff to make this album and LOTS of extra stuff left over after this project for a few more projects or at least 3-4 layouts, for Sure! You even get step by step directions with pictures in the kit! This looks hard, but trust me it is "Easy Peasy".
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...I'm gonna have to give this a try! Been itching to try acrylic and now I have the perfect chance. Thanks, Gail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this album. It is so cute. I am sorta scared of the acrylic albums right now. LOL! I guess I just need to jump in and do one. Great work and thanks for sharing. Audrey

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin