Monday, March 2, 2009

A visit to Kensington Gardens


With such pretty colors, Kensington Gardens by Fiskars was a joy to work with! It immediately made me think of spring and the photos of my grandchildren coloring Easter eggs was just perfect.
I was able to embellish the layout with coordinating
Sparkle Stickers, which have tiny flowers with rhinestone centers and Rain Dots, which are epoxy. I painted a chipboard flower with Distress Crackle Paint and layered it with the other embellishments and used Thickers for the title and a Maya Road Journaling Spot

Yellow is not usually my "go to" color for layouts, but this Coredinations cardstock can be sanded or distressed and a different core color appears. I sanded the area before I adhered the photo and that lighter frame around the photo helps it stand out a bit. Since I used an 8x8 photo, a few scraps of paper, some embellishments, a Distress Crackle Painted chipboard flower and a stapled piece of Maya Road Velvet Rick-Rack and a layout done in about 15 minutes!

I love making Mini Albums and I had so much product left over I was able to do a Kaiser Chipboard Album - mini albums are a wonderful way to use smaller pieces of patterned paper. I used a Maya Road Calendar Turn for the cover and painted a Chipboard Word with Distress Crackle Paint - Jeez, I LOVE that stuff!
These albums are put together with metal rings and afterward I love to tie color coordinated ribbons to the rings. I also used another of those Maya Road Journaling Spots.
If you get a chance, jump on over to the ACBailey forum. There is a Pot of Gold Scavenger Hunt going on with a cash prize and the more that play, the bigger the prize!!! See you there!
Dee

2 comments:

  1. Dee you did a great job on the album. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Kaiser album...nice work, Dee!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin