Thursday, March 26, 2009

MemberSpotlight-Dana Koerner


1. Tell us a little about yourself and your family. I am a 32 year old mother/wife and step-grandmother! My DH is 48 years old and is a manager for an oil company. My DS is 10 and in the fourth grade! I am also a Pack Leader for the Weblos Cub Scouts! Our family are full blown bikers (motorcycles)...each one of us have our own! Not to forget my passion SCRAP BOOKING!!!!
2. How and when did you start scrap booking? How I started scrappin' .......before my DS was born I had all these pics everywhere! And so many more to just develop! I started to put simple pages together while I was pregnant. Now I take pics of anything and everything! From our house pets to the plants in our house! I just can't stop! (My DH has named me the Scrap Junkie') LOL!!!!
3. How would you describe your scrap booking style? Style....I really don't know what you would classify as my style? I go from beautiful patterned paper to hard core skulls and chains! I use distressing on my LO's and real life objects on others!
4. How often do you journal? Is it important to you? To journal is very important to me....because it tells the story! Honestly there are some LO's that get journaling and then there are some LO's that the pics and embellies tell the story! Another thing I do with every LO...I date them on the back with the date I finish the LO!
5. Do you have a dedicated scrap space ( room )? Yes I have my own scrappy little place! Thanks to my DH giving me half of his office! I am a real thrifty person...I want to spend as little as possible! LOL! But we all know how that goes...right? So I purchased 12 file crates and threw a old closet door on top of them! I am a hard core person so I made it a little girly and a little rough!
What does it look like right now? This is a picture that my DS took of my scrappin' room!
6. What are your "go to " tools or supplies when you scrap? Scissors, paper cutter, adhesive! Every girl has to have these!
7. Where do you start when you get ready to create- sketches, supplies, photos...? I jump around with this! There are times that I start with the pics - matching the pattern paper and embellies! Then there are times that I use sketch ideas- like when there are design team sketches. And then there are some times but not as often that I start with embellies!

8. Are you a scrapper or an artist? I am both! As far as I am concerned I scrap because I totally enjoy making LO's and projects! And then when I am old and so feeble that I can't scrap anymore -I can sit back and show my family my master pieces that are going to be passed on!
by: C. Mercer


1 comment:

  1. Dana, nice to meet you! And I love your trick about dating the layouts on the back when you create them. I'm going to start doing that too...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin