Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not Just for Valentine's Day


This American Crafts paper line is not just for Valentine's Day!! The paper line may have all the reds, pinks and magentas that signal the holiday but it is paired with a cocoa brown and a creamy beige that help make your layouts pop off the page. I loved combining polka dots and hearts and it was just perfect this photo that had a heart in it too. I love using Bazzill card stock as a base when the patterned papers have strong colors. After layering the papers, I cut a piece of acrylic sheet and stamped with StazOn ink and placed that over the photo. I painted a Maya Road Chipboard Border with Ranger Distress Paint and wove a gingham ribbon through it when it dried. I love layering flowers, so I grabbed some Prima flowers and mixed up patterns and colors - and buttons make great flower centers and accents. For my title I used American Crafts Poolside Thickers and inked them with Powder Puff Chalk Ink . The circles pattern on the paper made a perfect spot for a date stamp. I finished off the layout with journaling done with a brown Slick Writer.

And although earlier I mentioned that this American Crafts paper isn't just for Valentine's Day, it really makes up into some fresh and funky Valentine Cards. I struggle with cards sometimes because I am so used to thinking in 12x12, but these came together really quickly! I just love how the cocoa brown and cream contrast with the shades of pink! One of the things I loved about this paper was the circle pattern - I used a Scallop Punch, which lately sees to be my go to tool for cards and embellishing.
Wishing you lots of love - both given and received this Valentine's Day!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin