Monday, September 8, 2008

Acrylic + October Afternoon = FUN!!!

OK everyone... this was my very first attempt at an acrylic album.  I've always loved the look of them, but have been too scared to try one.  I sat down to work on my DT projects, and in front of me sat the cute little stamp album and a whole bunch of yummy OA stuff.  I went to my computer and started to "research" stuff.. you know me! :)  What glues to use, what other embellies work well in an acrylic album etc.  I found that "bling", rub-ons, double-sided papers, flowers (things that would add texture), slick writers and stazon (which I didn't have much luck with) were among the top suggestions.  So, I dove in.. and OOOHHH MYYY... how FUN is THIS??!!!  Seriously, I had sooo much fun with it.  Planning it out, figuring what will show through the next page and what won't.  Yes, there is a bit more planning involved with an acrylic album, but I found that if you ust start cutting things out.. "hold" them into place first.. peek on the other side to make sure you won't stick it down to see the back of your photo or something through to the other side, then go for it!  And... remember to leave some white space, to allow that cool acrylic see-thru look!

So, don't be shy, don't be scared, just RUN to the store and pick up one of the many cute little acrylic albums and start playing!  I know so much more now than I did before I started this one and am excited to see what I can do with the NEXT.  The possibilities are endless!

Here are a few photos of the album.  To view the full album, all inside pages and complete supply list, visit the AC Bailey Gallery.







Thanks for looking!

~Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW you'd rock this, you did a GREAT job. Funny, when I first saw those OA papers I thought of you- they kinda have your name on them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin