Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Member Who Inspires Us...

I am constantly amazed at the talent we have at AC Bailey Designs. We really have some creative people here! This member spotlight is certainly no exception. Maggie (mlamarredesigns) is one lady who has it together. She seems to know a little about everything! I am constantly in awe at the the projects she posts and the tips and ispiration she gives the rest of us. So, let's get to know her better!


Tell us a little about you.

I am a mother of a 15 year old going on 30 that keeps me on my toes.


How long have you been scrapping?

I've been scrapping for 4 years now.
What got you started?
I got started when I was looking for tutorials for creating signatures for paintshoppro, then discovered Scrapbookbytes a digital site, then I evolve from them, soaking every info like sponge.
You have traveled extensively. Tell us about that. As of a year ago I use to travel extensively unfortunately I've been staying close to home lately.


How often do you scrap the trips you take?
I selectively pick the pictures that evoke a certain memory that I want to capture that story and relive it again and again.The rest of the pic goes into an album with caption of places, dates etc.

How do you think your travels have affected the way you scrap?
Being a scrapper has change my views on how I see things.. Now I see endless possibilities, where a sign can become the title, I pay more attention to the details now, and seek specific items with a liberated eye.

What is your all time favorite scrapping supply/tool?
Definitely F.R.E.D, it allows me to place elements on a page before gluing it down, I am able to take the metal part w/the lo to the store w/me to look for items, otherwise I would not have been able to do.

You have such wonderful ideas. Where do you find your inspiration for your projects?
I am inspired by many things: I draw inspirations on seeing the diff colour combos of flowers that are put together at a garden. The theme parks are great, furniture, commercial buildings are really great as well for colour combos. Altered projects are every day items we use I think of how I can repurpose this item for another use. Children clothing are another great source of inspirations. Vogue and style magazines are the top mags I peruse regularly for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I follow your blog maggie, you amaze me with you Talents.

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin