Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some "Playground" cd Digital Inspiration

If you frequent the AC Bailey message board or gallery, you've already heard me raving about how versatile this cd is but the more I play with it....the more I see it. Here's a little page that I did of my daughter. I have to say...I played with adding other patterned papers and embellishments but I just love that green paper all by itself. I did do a little adjusting to some of the items to make it suit my taste and that is one of the wonderful things about digital scrapbooking. You're not stuck with what you have...you can adjust colors, shapes, sizes...pretty much everything. I should also mention that all of the papers on the cd are 12x12, I just adjusted this one to make an 8.5x11 layout. The green paper is from the Megan's swingset category as well as the swirl, stitches, and patterned paper for the butterflies. The paper for the butterflies is black on the cd and I liked the pattern but I wanted something a little softer so used a color overlay to make it sort of magenta, used the cookie cutter tool to make the butterflies, and added a little drop shadowing to help with the dimension. The stitches had a little adjusting, too. I didn't need all of the stitching that was on the cd so I just copied and pasted a little portion and then used the liquify tool to warp it a little so that it wasn't just straight across. The tag alpha is from Zoe's Merry-go-round and the frame is from Benjamin's slide but I did use the cookie cutter to make it a little thinner. And finally, I used some text brushes and texture brushes to the green paper that I picked up from photoshopbrushes.com and aerthereality.net. If anyone has any questions about what is included on the cd, please feel free to ask. I do some altering but I try to make sure that I mention it when I do. Thanks for checking out my page!! I have some more new product inspiration layouts in the AC Bailey gallery as well. I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Thanks so much for stopping by to check us out!!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love the way you changed the paper size and made this a landscape layout. Great points about the digi stuff too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin