Saturday, June 21, 2008

Making Memories and Urban Lily Goodness


These photo cubes by Making Memories were a lot of fun to make! I love the paper I used by Cherry Arte, Girl Power. You can find both of these in the AC Bailey store.

Making them was quite simple.

Instructions:

1. Paint all edges the color of your choice. I chose black because it matched my papers.


2. Cut your paper to fit fit each side of your cube. Cut your paper about 1/4" smaller than the sides of the cube so that the paper is about 1/8" from the edge all around.

3. Adhere the paper to each side of the cube. I used Modge Podge, but any other adhesive would work as well.

4. Once the adhesive has dried lightly sand each side of the paper to make sure that there are no loose edges.

5. Add ink to the sanded paper to blend them into the edges of the cube.

6. Add embellishments as desired. I chose to use an assortment of flowers, buttons, stickers, rub-ons, and ribbon. I used paper covered chipboard flowers, Prima flowers, and printed acrylic flower stickers backed with patterned paper. In addition to the embellies listed, I chose to add my girls' names to them as well using chipboard letters.

This project is very simple and lots of fun. You can find all that you need in the AC Bailey store!

Get over to the store and grab up your supplies! Oh, and have fun!

Much love!
Brandy

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin