Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Birds!

I love this layout. Yup, those of you who really know me will think I have lost my mind,...but I love this layout. It is so NOT me, not my style, not my colors, has hand written journaling on it, it is SO "not me"-but,...it is special. I did this waterfall technique I like, I have awesome photographs, it tells of a special event that took place here this summer, it has items that were hand chosen and given to me by two very special friends incorporated into it and has my favorite papers Jenni Bowlin and Bazzill!

For those of you who are members of the forum, the top right corner has the same waterfall technique I posted the tutorial to yesterday. But, the "twist" is, I placed my waterfall sideways and I used the photo mats/anchors on both the left and the right. Cool huh?? I wish you could actually see the smooth way the pics flip when the tab is pulled, reminds me of those old books we had as a child that has pictures in the bottom corner and when you thumbed the pages real fast they looked like a moving motion picture. Remember those???

I love this layout, it is made with Bazzill cardstock, Jenni B Front Porch and Black line papers and journal cards (from Dee), stash ribbon, ephemera from a junkin' trip including real antique pearl buttons(thanks Connie), Front Porch chipboard buttons, Ranger glossy accents, and American Craft Thickers in brown giggles style. Other techniques I used, that I like are covering the chipboard buttons with Ranger glossy accents for a little more "pop" and the 3 level layering of the left hand corner bird graphic. I cut that out of one of Jenni B's "black line" papers and colored it with kid crayons - I then placed the flowers flat, some elevated with pop dots and some, like the bird himself, elevated with double thick pop dots. Looks nice in real life,...


Thanks for looking- sure hope I have inspired some of you to do a one page layout with NINETEEN pictures like I did (hehe). Try that waterfall technique, you will be glad you did and for the all the Jenni Bowlin goodness check out the AC Bailey store here.

Almost forgot to add - Join us for our Fall into Scrapping crop this weekend.
Challenges and Games get posted Friday night. You have all weekend to work on your things and we draw the winners (cool prizes ladies) on Monday afternoon! Great way to get some scrapping done- and we will have two celeb guests,...cannot tell you who, but Saturday AM we will be chatting with someone I already mentioned in this post and it is NOT Mr. BAzzill! hehehe:)

2 comments:

  1. great job on this Gail!! It was worth all the extra effort - it tells a fabulous story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me-you nailed it!!! and the buttons look great if I say so myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin