Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grow!

Pretty fitting I think, that as we start the new school year, I get to post layouts with this awesome My Mind's Eye Paper called "Grow". The word "Grow" can be related to so many different things - we grow flowers and vegetables in the summer; we watch our children grow tall, strong and smart; we grow as human beings; Grow is a great word - it even sounds nice. This paper is a pretty combination of greens, with orange and white and aqua. This simple layout using the matching die cuts and of course, Thickers for the title is about the pretty Gerberer Daisies that I have "growing" in my garden. One of the places that I try to take a road trip to a
a few times a year is Pennsylvania Dutch Country. This was where my Mom "grew" up and where I learned about other cultures and "grew" to appreciate the differences in people and beliefs. Another simple layout - I used a scallop border punch to add some interest to the photos as a mat, a pretty piece of cotton lace adhered with brads and some Making memories Mini Alphabets for the title. The die cut flowers added a nice touch. Although you cannot see it in the photo, I also used a White Signo Gel pen to draw stitches on the flowers to give the layout a country look. In keeping with my "Grow" theme, this next layout "Butterflies in the Tummy" is about my grandson Aidan's First Grade Memory Book Report reading. He was soooo nervous, but he got up in front of the entire class and all the parents and grandparents and read his story into the microphone. It took a lot of courage and I am sure he grew as a student that day and will feel more confident in the future. How lucky was I that his folder was orange? The ScrapGods were definitely on my side with that. I had a great time digging butterflies out of my stash. The Kaiser Bling Butterfly was clear, so I colored the rhinestones in with some Staz-On ink. I inked some Basic Grey Mini Chip letters for the title and added some rick rack to finish the layout. I inked some Basic Grey mini Chip letters for the title and added some rick rack to finish the layout. And to be honest, I think I "grew" creating these layouts...I NEVER use orange except on Halloween or maybe to accent a Fall layout, so I really stretched when I used these colors to document ordinary things. Wishing you beautiful Fall days ahead and Happy Scrappin'
Dee

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin