Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Technique Tuesday by Gin

Bazzill Institchz..I love them. They are just the perfect touch to finish off a layout. The first way to use them is the obvious, but in this layout, I made a border using the Granny Stitches, I also used the Flowers template to stitch a large flower then cut it out to be used as an embelishment.


Another way to use them that isn't as time consuming as actually stitching them, is to use the paper piercer to punch out the shape, then use a pen to "connect the dots". In this example I used the Angelic Uniball White Gel Pen to connect my dots and it looks like the stitching has been done, when really it hasn't! Try using different pen types and sizes to get different looks!

 
 
My last example is my most favorite technique. Take some cardstock or patterned paper that has either a white core or colored core like Core'dinations has, punch your design on the backside, then flip it over and sand over the design! For a little more added color lightly rub with ink or chalk to help accent those designs. I used the circle template here:


I hope I have inspired you to pull out those templates you may have been afraid to use! If you have any Institchz examples or tips to share with us please do! We'd love to hear about them!
Ginnifer Maloney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin