Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life in Color

I LOVE the color PURPLE - all shades of it! In my eyes it is the most beautiful of all the colors in the rainbow - it is not however one of the easier colors to scrap - and those who know me know that red and orange are my least fave colors in the world...so when I saw this Prima "Life in Color" paper and along with the beautiful purple and plums, there was a golden orange ....hmmm, what to do? Purple and Orange??? Oh yuck...that's ok for Halloween but I have this beautiful photo of some flowers in my garden....and here is the result! And I love the way this simple layout came together with a bit of black Bazzill cardstock - a Prima flower and some puffed Thickers and I love how the orange complements the purples. And how lucky could I get that Cailyn wore lavendar for her dance
recital. This pretty patterned paper was perfect. All I needed to add was a bit of lace, a little bit of plum paper and the Dance chipboard from BoBunny. I painted it with Dimensional Pearls and also used Dimensional Pearls to create the circle and to puff out all the swirls on the paper. A layered Prima flower with a Stickles center finished off the layout. Just in case you didn't hear, there is a back-to-school sale going on over at the ACBailey store - time to stock up on same of your faves like Thickers and papers to make room for all the fabulous new product that we picked out at CHA!

2 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin