Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I scrapped for ME!

For the first time ever, I have worked on and completed a project for ME.
It is full of emotion and sentimentality and it may look like and mean nothing to anyone else- but in my heart, I feel it is the BEST thing I have ever done- hahaha:)
I mean, it is not the cutest thing, it will never be a published thing, but every scrap of paper, every item shown and every bit of journaling speaks to me. Has come from me. Is about me and how I feel! I feel exhilarated to have this done. I so cannot ever scrap "me" - I had such a block every time I tried to scrap something with a pic of me in it. But now I have crashed through that wall and I want to try another project, look out, you may be seeing some layouts with pics of me "just because" ..I have opened a new door!
So, without further adieu-here it is:
What is it? Here is another pic.
It is think it is something I feel the urge to hand on my rear-view mirror! It is a mini scrap book made with chipboard pieces from the AC Bailey store and the new captivating paper line. I used the Maya Road wings, potty people, lock and key sets and I used the Bazzill Chips stars, hearts and arrows. I covered each chipboard piece both sides with the paper, I used my "handy-dandy cannot-live-without-it" BG file set and distressed away! Then I inked each piece with the red,brown and blue cat's eye chaulk inks and I printed out the lyrics to a song I like onto a sheet of the Captivating paper. To do this, I made columns of the verses so I could have them on the front and back of the hanging piece. I folded them in 1/2 between verses and I scalloped the edges with those old scalloped scissors I have had for AGES! Don';t looked shocked-you have them too. The song I used was one by Bon Jovi. I like it- speaks to me about being a mom, having children who are older now and it always makes me reflect on my life and how I raised them - anyway! I then journaled names, words, dates, sayings all over these pieces. There is a key to home, a key to my heart, a key to my WALLET! HAHAHA:) I have symbols of roots and wings, star accomplishments on the stars for each child (and me) and all our prior addresses listed as well as the names of our pets... I had a ball making this, I am not done- I thought it was done but now I want to add some bling and I want to journal a bit more. Altering can be so much fun. I love to get all my frustration out in a messy artsy way and these pieces can never turn out bad- they cannot be overworked or under done. The captivating paper line is easy to work with, a good heavier weight paper for altering stuff (I like altering with paper that is not too thick and not too thin-hehehe). Stock up on some chipboard. Have some fun and share with us what YOU create.
Thanks for looking-
gail

2 comments:

  1. Gail this is so cute and what a GREAT idea !!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo! what a fun project and an awesome legacy!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin